3-D Paper Play
August 1 - 6, 2021
Lauren Kussro · laurenkussro.com
Workshop at a glance
Push the limits of paper: learn several simple techniques on how to shape or manipulate paper into three dimensions and incorporate other media such as printmaking, drawing, and collage.
- 3-D paper arts including folding, cutting, and shaping paper
- Work from 2-D methods like printmaking, drawing, and cutting
- Work and manipulate paper
- Various papers both found and altered
- Armature made from wire, wood, or foam core
- 3D design techniques for paper arts
- Incorporating printmaking and drawing into sculptural paper
- Creating small scale sculptures or cut paper works
Lauren Kussro lives in Houston, Texas and is an assistant professor of Art and Design at the University of Houston Clear Lake. She earned her BFA in Painting and Printmaking from the Herron School of Art & Design in Indianapolis, Indiana, and her MFA in Printmaking at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
In this workshop students will push the limits of paper, learning several simple techniques on how to shape or manipulate paper into three dimensions. The incorporation of other media, such as printmaking, drawing, and collage will also be addressed. A good portion of time will be dedicated to individual investigations, as each participant will go down their own rabbit hole and create small sculptural works of their own. Students are welcome to bring to calls sketches or ideas for forms to create. Open to all skill levels.
COURSE FEE: $600 · materials list
The health and safety of students, faculty, and staff is a priority at Arrowmont. To that end, a Personal Conduct & Social Distancing Policy has been adopted to foster a safe learning environment during the coronavirus pandemic. Click here for the detailed Policy.