Community Classes are an opportunity for local residents to take advantage of Arrowmont’s quality art instruction in professionally equipped studios. Classes are fun and a great way to meet new friends in a creative learning environment. Classes are taught by professional working artists and offer a wide selection of media for all ages and ability levels.
Arrowmont is offering Fall Community Classes for families, kids and adults. Registration opens September 28, 2020 by phone at 865-436-5860.
Most classes welcome students at all levels however a few require experience or specific skills. Any information regarding required skills will be included in the class description. Those with more experience are welcome to join any class with the understanding that they will participate in class projects and use the materials and equipment provided within the format of the class.
Community Class workshop materials will be provided and that cost is included in the class fee.
Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-registered basis. Class size is limited – early registration is recommended. Registration is by phone at 865-436-5860, opening on September 28, 2020.
FALL 2020 COMMUNITY CLASS INFORMATION
We want our community members to be with us and have the Arrowmont Experience this fall. In order to offer Community Classes this year, Arrowmont is implementing a number of health and safety guidelines to ensure that all students can enjoy their workshop experience. We are trying to keep everyone safe by following recommended safety best practices and all federal and county mandates regarding masks, social distancing, and shared spaces. If you have any questions, please contact us at 865-436-5860.
For all classes, students and instructors must keep face coverings on for the duration of their stay in the studios. The only exceptions will be if they need to step out of the studio for a water/snack break or will be eating a meal provided by the kitchen. Six-feet markers in the studio and smaller class size will be in place to ensure there is enough room in each studio for students, workshop materials and equipment.
For all classes, especially Family Days, only registered students, instructors and staff may enter the buildings — no extra guests will be allowed in the buildings or studios. A “parent and me” price option is offered for younger Kids Community Classes (5-7 years old) so that parents can be accounted for to achieve classroom and building occupancy limits. In addition, studio staff will make rounds to clean, with social distancing reminders, and to ensure safety guidelines are followed. The kitchen will serve box lunches for the Family Days.
Community Class Guidelines
- Masks will be required of all students, to be worn at all times indoors.
- All equipment and materials will be provided. An optional material list will be emailed prior to class (will include items like apron, personal photos, etc.)
- No extra guests will be allowed to accompany enrolled students on campus. Our library, galleries, and store will remain closed during class times.
- There is no open studio time prior to class time for the adult workshops.
Family Day Classes:
- The above four criteria apply.
- Meals will be “to go” only from the kitchen and eaten in the studio or another open space on campus that allows social distancing. (See Menu below for option selections)
- If a child is seven years or younger, the price for the parent to stay with the child is $65. This accounts for the occupancy cap and the meal for child and parent. If they do not stay with the child, they will not be able to enter the studio or eat on campus during lunch.
2020 Community Classes
COMMUNITY CLASSES · FAMILY DAY BOXED LUNCH MENU
The kitchen will serve box lunches for the Family Days, included in the registration fee. Meals will be “to go” only from the kitchen and eaten in the studio or another open space on campus that allows for social distancing. Arrowmont front office staff will ask for your menu choices when you call to register.
MENU OPTIONS FOR FAMILY DAY
All Meals come with: Fruit Cup, Pickle, Corn Chips, Cookies
PB&J Sandwich · Chicken Salad Sandwich · Vegetable Wrap · Roasted Beef and Cheddar Wrap
options available in Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
Water · Tea · Juice