19th Sevier County Biennial Juried Exhibition | January 19 – March 2, 2019
Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts invites artists 18 years of age and older living or working in Sevier County, Tennessee to submit works for consideration for the 19th Sevier County Biennial Juried Exhibition. The Sevier County Biennial Exhibition is a juried, mixed media art exhibition presented by Arrowmont to recognize and foster the skills and talents of artists and craftspeople who call the region of Sevier County home.
– Artwork drop off: January 3 – 4, 2019 from 9am to 8pm
– Jury: January 10 – 11, 2019
– Juror notification: TBD
– Pickup of non-selected works: January 14 – 15, 2019 from 9am to 6pm
– Installation: January 14 – 18, 2019
– Exhibition on view: January 19 – March 2, 2019
– Reception: Friday, January 25, 2019 from 6-8pm, free and open to the public
– Artwork pickup: March 5 – 8, 2019
Juror: Sarah Stanley
Sarah Stanley is the Curator at the William King Museum of Art in Abingdon, VA where she oversees exhibitions of regional decorative arts, fine art, and craft. Sarah holds an MA from Bard Graduate Center (New York, NY) in Decorative Art, Design History, and Material Culture and a BA in Art History from The College of William & Mary (Williamsburg, VA). Prior to getting her Master’s degree, Sarah worked as an apprentice weaver at Colonial Williamsburg. This experience emphasized the importance of hands-on learning and solidified her interest in craft history and contemporary craft.
Entry Requirements & Information
- All entries must be original in design and made by the artist. Hobby kits and reproductions are not accepted.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 pieces, at $5 per piece.
- All entries must have been created within the last two years.
- Work previously exhibited at Arrowmont will not be accepted.
- All works must arrive ready to install. 2D works should be framed and wired for hanging. Do not use saw tooth hangers. 3D work intended for a shelf, pedestal or the floor must be labeled as such and arrive prepared for standing or resting safely in its intended position on a stable base.
- Entries may not exceed 8′ in any direction or weigh more than 200 pounds.
- Works for sale are encouraged, as entries that are not for sale cannot be considered for purchase awards.
- Each entry must have an identification label attached to the base or back of the piece.
- Arrowmont is not responsible for damage that may occur after the exhibition or for unclaimed entries after the pickup deadlines.
- Submitting artworks for the juror’s consideration indicates agreement to the terms set above, but does not guarantee acceptance into the show.
All entries must be hand-delivered to Arrowmont between 9am and 8pm January 3-4, 2019. Please submit work with provided identification label attached to the base or back of the work, completed and signed entry form and a $5 entry fee per piece. All works must be ready to hang for consideration.
Awards will be chosen by the juror. Purchase prizes will be selected by sponsors, and scholarships will be awarded by Arrowmont’s Scholarship Committee. Arrowmont employees and resident artists are eligible to exhibit and receive purchase prizes, but are not eligible to receive scholarship awards or awards at the juror’s discretion. The awards are as follows:
- Best of Show: $750
- 2nd Place: $500
- 3rd Place: $300
- Awards of Merit: $150 each
- Purchase Awards: TBD
Questions? Please contact:
Kelsey Dillow, Gallery Manager
Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
556 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN, 37738
firstname.lastname@example.org, 865.436.5860 ext. 22