Current Employment Opportunities
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Position: Seasonal Non-Benefits Eligible
Effective: May 12, 2021
Position Summary: The seasonal housekeeper will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of Arrowmont grounds, dorms and main campus facilities. They will ensure a safe, clean and comfortable accommodations for students, instructors and other visitors on campus. They will work within budget guidelines to maintain inventory of equipment, materials and supplies that meet the standards of cleanliness and a safe environment. They will process and fold laundry. The seasonal housekeeper will do what is necessary to meet the standards of cleanliness and safety for public use of all on-campus facilities. This position will report to the Facilities manager. This is a seasonal position.
- Follows established procedure and policy for the regular, on-going preparation and maintenance of clean and safe areas in all campus facilities.
- Cleans and prepares housing units for incoming students and instructors, including breaking down dirty rooms, taking out trash, making beds, cleaning bathrooms etc.
- Oversee, guide and teach educational assistants on housekeeping duties.
- Able and willing to assist with gardening/landscaping, maintenance and kitchen when needed.
- Must be able to initiate work duties.
- Implement major housekeeping projects as needed during off-season.
- Identify and report any system or facility maintenance issues to the Facilities Manager or Maintenance Supervisor for repairs or improvements.
Demands and Qualifications:
- This position requires the ability to walk unaided up and down hills, lift and carry large bags and boxes some 25-50lbs.
- The employee must be able to bend, stoop and reach above their head.
- Must have the ability to drive a car and to travel.
- The employee must be fluent in English.
- This position demands frequent exposure to the weather.
- Must be time efficient, able to work alone at times but maintain a team attitude.
- Must have a passion for cleanliness and a strong work ethic.
- Ability and eagerness to learn.
- Must be able to work around dust, odors, cleaning agents and equipment.
- Must be able to make decisions, plan and schedule.
- Must possess the use of long term and short term memory.
The employee must have a valid drivers license.
- Food service experience
- Clear communication
- Enthusiastic, energetic, upbeat attitude
- Innovative and goal-oriented
Salary: $15 per hour
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Statement: Arrowmont is committed to creating an anti-racist, diverse and inclusive workforce and work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Arrowmont strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. Arrowmont is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To apply, please send a resume or CV, and a list of three professional references, or questions Teri Bilbrey at firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject line as “Housekeeper.” Review of applications will begin immediately.