Current Employment Opportunities
Front Office Assistant
Reports to Office Manager
Effective March 1, 2018
The Front Office Assistant is responsible for greeting and welcoming visitors to the campus and answering the telephone, providing information and assistance as needed. The position provides administrative support to the Registrar and the Office Manager as requested. The position is full-time, benefits eligible, and non-exempt.
- Greets and welcomes visitors to campus and provide assistance and information.
- Answers the telephone and records student registrations, responds to inquiries, routes calls, takes messages as necessary.
- Assists Registrar and Office Manager with routine administrative functions including copying, updating forms and other materials, correspondence with students, instructor assistants and instructors, basic database entry, processing mailings, shuttle planning, meeting set-up, etc.
- Processing UPS shipping, overseeing student and instructor shipping activity, mailing lost and found items, and maintaining materials and supplies for shipping.
- Assists as needed in the Supply store.
- Assumes other responsibilities as may be appropriate for the position.
This position is physically demanding and requires the employee to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, reach above their head, have use of fine and gross motor skills, and work in close quarters. The employee must have normal visual acuity at near and far distance with correction and hear the spoken word with correction. The employee must be fluent in English. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to work at a computer. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and to talk fluently. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects or boxes. Some evenings or weekends may be required.
Send a cover letter and resume to Teri Bilbrey, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.