Current Employment Opportunities
TITLE: Kitchen Staff
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
POSITION: Full-time, benefits eligible
EFFECTIVE: October 1, 2019
The Kitchen Staff member is responsible for the preparation and service of all meals during their scheduled shift and some special event food service on campus. The Kitchen Staff member will implement procedures and standards to ensure cost-effective, nutritious and tasty meals that are well-received by students, instructors and guests. The position assists with food orders within budgeted guidelines. The Kitchen Staff member helps train and manage kitchen assistants and student work-studies to prepare meals on time, with minimal waste, within local, state and federal sanitation guidelines. Arrowmont serves three meals daily during National Workshop Seasons throughout the summer and fall, and for various programs, symposiums and conferences at other times during the year. During the off-season the position performs maintenance and housekeeping duties. The position reports to the Kitchen Manager. The position is a full-time position, year-round, and benefits eligible.
- Collaborates with Kitchen Manager in the development of food and grocery orders to support menus within budgeted guidelines.
- Implements procedures for effectively producing high-quality, tasty meals with minimum waste using staff and work-study students.
- Provides training to support staff, assistants and work-studies as needed to improve and maintain effective functioning of kitchen.
- Responsible for preparation and service of designated meals.
- Ensures kitchen is clean and food properly stored before leaving for the day.
- Maintains sanitation requirements of the kitchen and dining room, and all related equipment. Tests equipment regularly to ensure safety and functionality.
- Performs major housekeeping duties during the OFF-SEASON as needed – including but not limited to cleaning, landscaping, painting, or otherwise maintaining Arrowmont facilities.
- Assumes other responsibilities as may be appropriate for the position.
- Any other duty as assigned by management.
This position is physically demanding and requires the employee to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, reach above their head, have use of fine and gross motor skills, and work in close quarters. The position requires the ability to drive various types of vehicles. The employee must have a current driver’s license. The employee must have normal visual acuity at near and far distance with correction and hear the spoken word with correction. The employee must be fluent in English. This position demands frequent exposure to inclement weather. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, and must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects or boxes weighing up to 50 lbs. This position require the ability to work overtime and extended hours as the need arises.
- Food service experience
- Clear communication
- Enthusiastic, energetic, upbeat attitude
- Innovative and goal-oriented
- Hard worker
To apply, please send a resume or CV, and a list of three professional references, or questions to Jared Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject line as “Arrowmont Kitchen Staff Position.” Review of applications will begin immediately.