Current Employment Opportunities
Opening for Experienced Cook
Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts is seeking an experienced lead cook. Basic kitchen skills are required with some supervisory experience preferred. Hours are 11:00 am to 7:30 pm — lunch prep through dinner. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please contact kitchen manager, Jenn Blackburn at 865.804.2527 between the hours of 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
Arrowmont is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Marketing Support Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Institutional Advancement
Position Summary: The marketing support coordinator supports marketing, public relations and fundraising with a coordinated campaign to raise public awareness of Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts through electronic and social media. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: create and maintain a strong presence on a wide range of social media vehicles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc); website management; photography, videography, editing; support of crowdfunding sites and campaigns; information technology support of director of institutional advancement and executive director.
- Assist in development and implementation of social media marketing campaigns
- Assist in development of communications plan
- Manage social and electronic media to support enrollment marketing, development and communications including e-blasts, Facebook and other social media sites, research and recommend new sites
- Manage the website including maintenance, updating, and creation of new pages and content
- Manage and track print and electronic advertising
- Manage and track Arrowmont presence in print and electronic media
- Research, identify and recommend new media strategies
- Stay informed about latest trends and developments in social media
- Produce six issues of electronic newsletter annually
- Assist with development and maintenance of crowdfunding sites and campaigns
- Manage photography, videography, editing and other media related projects
- Maintain appropriate files including photos, media, and events
- Such other duties as may be assigned
- Effective writing and communications
- Working knowledge of web platforms, website design, updating and maintenance, social media platforms, communications software such as Constant Contact, design software such as InDesign, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, video editing software
- Strong information technology skills
- Excellent photography and videography skills including editing
- Strong research skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, information technology, public relations or a related field with at least two years’ experience
- Conversant with and committed to the mission of Arrowmont and arts education
- Personable with ability to relate to a wide range of people at all levels
- Reliable/dependable hard worker committed to the job
- Team player with ability to work across departmental lines
- Problem-solver with a “can do” attitude
- Positive and eager to learn
This position requires limited travel, ability to drive a car, is physically demanding requiring the ability to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain; bend, stoop, reach above head; fine and gross motor skills, and work in close quarters. The employee must have normal visual acuity at near and far distance with correction and hear spoken word with correction. Must be fluent in English. While performing the duties of this position, employee is required sit and work at a computer. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, touch objects, tools or controls and to talk fluently. The employee must occasionally lift or move heavy objects.
Send a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position, a detailed resume, three professional references and two professional writing samples (no class assignments) to Teri Bilbrey, email@example.com. No phone calls.